Booking & payment
A booking is made upon confirmation in writing with a booking reference and receipt of a 50 % deposit. Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival
Children & Extra Bed
All children are welcome
Children under 2 years are free
Children between 2-12 years pay half price
Cancellations will attract a cancellation fee as follows :
- More than 30 days prior to arrival – 50% of the booking amount
- 15 – 30 days prior to arrival -75 % of the total booking amount
- 0 – 14 days prior to arrival -100% of the total booking amount
Check in: 2pm – 6pm
Check out: 8am -10am
Catering & Meals
Meals are available by prior booking. Self-catering facilities are also available.
There are various restaurants & shops within close proximity of Hout Bay Dune Lodge.
We do have a relaxing sundowner deck offering beautiful ocean views across the bay.
The Guest agrees to cover the cost of replacement of any items, equipment or materials that they damage or lose. They will be informed of this cost timeously and agree that it be deducted as part of the payment to Hout Bay Dune Lodge
You warrant that you have familiarized yourself with all risks associated with staying at Hout Bay Dune Lodge and accept all liability for your stay and agree to indemnify Hout Bay Dune Lodge and its owners and staff from any liability associated with any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your stay.
All personal information you provide is required for your booking. Your information will not be made available to third parties by Hout Bay Dune Lodge. Hout Bay Dune Lodge may send information to guests including people that have subscribed to its newsletter. Guests may unsubscribe at any time.
Pets are not allowed
Free parking on site
COVID-19 EMERGENCY POLICY (EFFECTIVE FROM 16 MARCH UNTIL 30 MAY 2020)
We fully understand and appreciate the magnitude of the current global travel dilemma due to the Corona Virus pandemic and as such we wish to be lenient on our guests at this challenging time. As a result, we have adopted the below for the duration of the above mentioned dates
- Bookings postponed at least 2 weeks prior to travel, but taken up within 6 months of the original booking date will attract no amendment fees
- Subject to confirmation by management, Wide Horizons Mountain Retreat will honour the original rate charged for bookings postponed up to 12 months from date of booking
- Should a booking for a low season period, be postponed to a high season period, Wide Horizons Mountain Retreat will charge the difference between the low season and high season rate (as at the time of the initial booking)
- Bookings may only be amended once free of charge
- Standard terms and conditions will apply to cancellations
Hout Bay Dune Lodge will continue to monitor the changes during the global Corona Virus pandemic and we will revise policies as new information becomes available.